101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Grateful Friday: Of Vacuum Cleaners and Music

Friday, June 30, 2006

Grateful Friday: Of Vacuum Cleaners and Music

I have never enjoyed doing housework as much as I have today.

A few weeks ago our very noisy but relatively new vacuum cleaner broke down. The guarantee had just run out as well so we didn’t have the option to return it. So after uhming and ahhing we finally decided to invest in Dyson. NOW WHY DIDN’T WE DO THIS TO START WITH!! We got the little drag around one (what are they called?) and what a dream. But the best thing is the minimal amount of noise it produces. For the first time in three years, I was able to listen to music as I vacuumed. I plugged myself into my iPod and I was off. I listened to ‘Rhythm of the Saints’ by Paul Simon and boy, did I enjoy every single song. I loved this album when I first heard it about twelve years ago or so and I had loaded it onto my iPod a couple of months ago but forgot about it and in fact never listened to it. But today I am glad I decided to.

You know how some songs and music just have that power to uplift you and put you in a happy mood? Rhythm of the Saints is just one such album. Every single song is a happy song and fantastic. I particularly like the African rhythms incorporated into each song. I am in such a good mood now; I feel I can conquer the world.

Beautiful music playing in my ear, sunshine warming my skin and a clean house. What more could I ask for? And today is Grateful Friday as well so…

Today I am grateful for

1. The discovery and re-discovery of music new and music lost.

2. The power of words and music and their ability to uplift the spirit.

3. Dysons

4. iPods

5. A house to clean – many out there are homeless.

3 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

OK, you've convinced me. I've been telling my husband for months that we need to get a Dyson, because I just can't bear trying to vacuum our horrid-sand rug with the hopeless excuse for a vacuum cleaner we brought w/ us from England. And yes, we have a lot to be thankful for - including being able to buy a Dyson! :)

Friday, June 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed it's another thing to be grateful for - those things cost a pretty penny!

Friday, June 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**makming notes...** Dyson-- thanks for the tip :)

Saturday, July 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home