101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Get in touch with two old friends - DONE

Friday, April 07, 2006

Get in touch with two old friends - DONE

phone callsCONVERSATIONS and ... FRIENDships!

Yesterday I called up two of my oldest friends both of whom I have not spoken with in a long time, thus allowing me to cross another task off my list.

It was good talking to the both of them although the conversations were pretty short as we were all at work. But promises were made to call each other up over the weekend.

I have very few friends – by choice. And the few I do have, have been around for a long, long time some for as long as 30 years (which makes me sound so ancient). But what I enjoy about these friendships is that they are very unobtrusive and not demanding. We can go months without making contact but when we do get in touch again, we simply pick up where we left off. With not even a blip on the graph. This is what I enjoy most – the freedom we give each other to be who we are.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

3 tasks completed already? You've been busy! I love the motivation this simple project creates. 101 tasks in 1001 days. It makes it seem so doable. You're off to a great start, keep up the good work.

Friday, April 07, 2006  
Blogger Jeri said...

Hi, I followed a link on your Pilgrimage to Self blog and found the pullquote instructions and lots of other cool stuff. Thank you. And I love that colorful title graphic you made. Very cool.

I seem to be able to leave messages now. I must have been clicking the wrong button or something. Sorry for the confusion.

Friday, April 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home