101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: A Cop Out and A Plan of Action

Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Cop Out and A Plan of Action

Okay. I have to admit that my first post for NaBloPoMo was a bit of a cop out. I posted a poem I wrote, oh, perhaps 15 years ago or so but I knew if I didn’t post something, I was in dire danger of not posting anything at all. You see, I have been as sick as a dog.

Being 8 weeks pregnant, morning sickness has not been kind to me at all. My days are consumed with walking a mine field of foods I can and cannot stomach (pardon the pun) and its tough going. And along with the contents of my stomach, I seem to flush away a bit of my brain down the toilet each time. I am also plagued with exhaustion and all I want to do is just lie in bed and vegetate. And the below zero temperatures that have suddenly hit the West Midlands is not helping matters either.

But enough of the moaning – at least I posted something.

I’ve been wondering if I want to theme my postings for NaBloPoMo but I don’t think so as I cannot imagine a single theme being able to hold my attention (and those of my few loyal readers) for the next 30days. So I think I shall cover a variety of random subjects over the next month – and perhaps make a list of the subjects to post on each day to help me out like this other blogger has done. Talk about being organized, huh?

And to all NaBloPoMo - ers – have you taken a look at the final list of all the participants????????????? OMG!  My initial plan was to visit every participant’s blog each day, leaving comments here and there but after taking a look at the list that plan has gone straight out of the window. There are 400+ bloggers taking part. Can you imagine reading each and every post of each and every participant each and every day? The mere thought of it makes my mind boggle.

Day 2: NaBloPoMo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was shocked by how many there were. I discovered the site just shortly after midnight yesterday...right after the event started...so I decided I'd keep up with some of the writers instead of doing it myself. I was amazed by the sheer volume of participants. It's crazy!

Friday, November 03, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Well I already try my best to post every day, so am not participating. But good for you for doing so, especially when you're battling morning sickness! The good thing about that is it's only temporary. Hope you're feeling much better soon.

Saturday, November 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home