101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: 101 in 1001: An Update

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

101 in 1001: An Update


Since starting the 101 project, my focus has shifted several times. There were things I thought I would enjoy doing and there were things I thought I should be doing. But now, I only want to do things I want to do. These are things that I think will add to the quality of my experience of life and lead me in the direction I want to be heading emotionally, spiritually, financially, psychologically and all the other ‘…callys’ you can think of. As a result of this, I am modifying my 101 list. Not the last modification either, I am sure.

New Skills

Teach myself to scrapbook.

I ask myself ‘Do I really need/want to do this?’ Answer: No. It’s lovely to look at other peoples work and admire the skill, effort and love they put into their pages but if I am being honest with myself, I don’t have the skill or the inclination for it. So I am replacing this task with:

Learn the art of Haiku. To help me with this I have just joined the Haiku weekly challenge.

Complete ITQ course.  

This is a work related course but one I am going to opt out of. I really don’t need it as I sense I am going to be headed in the opposite direction, career wise, very shortly. So this goes off my list but a new task goes onto my Business section.

Money (an update)

Save £25 a month.

This obviously is an ongoing task but I am happy to report that I have saved £25 for the last three months and more importantly I haven’t touched the money!! Yay! I have always been good with money and now I am learning to live even more within my means.

Find two alternative sources of income.

I have half completed this task as I have found one source: Selling my handmade handbags. I am still working on the second alternative source.

Business

Start up Olivegirlthings – Done!
Find a denim fabric supplier – Done!

*New task: Build a website for my business

De-cluttering

Sort out books and give unwanted ones to charity – Done!
Clear out garage – Done!
This task took the WHOLE of Saturday to complete. It’s amazing just how much junk was lurking down there. Boxes and boxes of junk!! The second part of the task which is to have a car boot sale will hopefully be done in July.

Compile all my recipes on scraps of paper into one book – Done!

Personal Projects

Join a collaborative journal project – Done! I am participating in  The Journal Project.  I am absolutely over the moon about this.

Purchases

I’ve changed my mind about the complete works of Oscar Wilde so that’s going off my list. I am replacing this with a new task which is to

*Buy a new PC.

Ahh, that’s better!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ali Ambrosio said...

What a great list! I like that you are allowing yourself to be flexible and make substitutions as you see fit.

I am inspired to get through my little to-do list...

Wednesday, June 07, 2006  
Blogger Ian russell said...

hey, good haiku link! i think i'll have a go.

good luck with your endeavours - the biggest step is usually the first.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Wow! I'm so impressed that you're accomplishing so much and deciding what's really important to you and what should take priority. You are an inspiration to me to do the same.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just love this! I'm working on my list of 101 things. I'm in the 20's so far.

The flexibility really appeals to me. I was being too rigid with myself, and I think that's why it's taking so long to get the list started.

Saturday, June 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home