101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Laugh

Monday, August 14, 2006

Laugh

This month hasn’t exactly been a barrel of laughs for me. It’s strange that a month I approached with such positive vibes and super resolutions has turned out to be…well, not so great after all. It seems that everything that could go wrong in a month has. Now each day is approached with a ‘what now?’ air of expectancy.

To top it off, on the home front things have been quite frosty as well – a classic case of a lack of communication, mixed with a dash of mis-communication resulting in a broth of stony silences. Oh, how I hate it when that happens. The ice will eventually melt, I know that, but it’s the thawing process that gnaws away at me. As much as I try to tell myself that I am not bothered about it and that I will carry on with my day as though I am a singleton, every fibre of my being is screaming out for some sort of human contact and connection even if it’s only for the opportunity to vent my frustrations!

Ah, August how full of promise you were when I ushered you in through my front door. Now I am marking off the days on my calendar as though I were a prisoner whose time of incarceration is almost up. I am walking through you with a hurried pace, impatient for you to leave. I shall slam the door on you when you do. And laugh!



For: Mamasaysom

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess you're right. One always has to look on the bright side. :-)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Veronica TM said...

I hope September comes full of good things and you continue laughing the whole month through!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Shelley said...

Nothing harder than needing a laugh and not being able to find the humor in anything...

Hang in there!

Sunday, August 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home