101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Sleep

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sleep

I smiled wearily when I read this week’s prompt for One Deep Breath. That’s because with five weeks left to go before I give birth ALL I want to do at the moment is just sleep! The nights are not the greatest because finding a comfortable horizontal position is near impossible. And on the occasions I do manage to settle down to a semi-good nights’ sleep, baby decides it’s time to ‘wake up’ and start doing the conga on the inside of its mama’s belly. But I grit my teeth and chomp down on my lip and try not to complain about it too much because soon it will be over. But, ah yes, BUT when this stage is over I will look back on it ruefully because at least now, I do squeeze in a few hours sleep at night but when baby arrives I probably won’t be squeezing in any at all!!!

Tossing and turning
Trying in vain to find you
You prove elusive

Blurry eyed I wake
Did I sleep at all I ask
Doesn’t feel like it

Good night! ZZzzzzzzz

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

Hee hee... yes, I think it will be fairly safe to say you are probably getting more sleep now than you will be!
Loved the little haiku...

Tuesday, May 08, 2007  
Blogger susanlavonne said...

poor baby! (meaning YOU, not the actual baby :-)
terrific haiku and it even makes me remember "way back when" :-)

Tuesday, May 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great haiku!
Yes, I think you will not be sleeping much after the baby comes, so enjoy in now.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007  
Blogger GreenishLady said...

Ah, yes... a reminder. This time 21 years ago, I was doing that night-time toss-and-turn dance. Just pat that tummy and treasure these weeks! Haiku must be the perfect poetic form for pregnancy.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I'm so sorry! The reward is definitely worth it. Good Luck mommy!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007  
Blogger rel said...

101,
what a perfect matching of life with a haiku!
rel

Wednesday, May 09, 2007  
Blogger Patois42 said...

"You prove elusive," is so right sometimes. I hope you've slept much since then. And good luck!

Thursday, May 10, 2007  
Blogger Mimey said...

Fingers crossed for enough sleep.

Saturday, May 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home