101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: In the News

Saturday, April 07, 2007

In the News


It must have struck you how there is hardly ever any good news in the news. It’s been like that for years I suspect but in the last 15 years even more so. Death, destruction and mayhem rule the day. Sensational headlines are what sells but what angers me the most though is watching z-list ‘celebrities’ being paraded across our screens and newspapers touting their own brand of so called success or partaking of yet another trashy reality TV show – and this from people I struggle to understand what exactly they are famous for!

Won’t it be nice to have a newspaper or just one, ONE is all I ask, TV channel dedicated to good news only? But that’s hardly going to happen, is it? Won’t appeal to the advertisers or the vast majority of the public who rely on a daily dose of bad news to keep them going.

So if what’s in the news gets you down, do like I do and switch that TV off.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

I think occasional breaks from the news are necessary to one's mental health!

Saturday, April 07, 2007  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Wishful thinking. We all need that sometimes. Thanks! I was feeling so bleak after writing my post.

Saturday, April 07, 2007  
Blogger Regina said...

Ever since the last election, we have turned the TV off- and we have no regrets. It became too much for both of us- we were mentally fatigued. Everyone should take a break from bad news!

Saturday, April 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be so great!!
ONE channel for the nice news.
Positive, upbeat events, happy stories, with only nice weather forcasts allowed on.
Great post!

Saturday, April 07, 2007  
Blogger rel said...

101,
My opinion; the news is worthless, both print and wireless. It's all the same for generation upon generation. I could write the news today and never leave my chair to see what was actually happening.
I do read the obituaries to see if any of my acquaintences have escaped the world of obcessive news.
rel

Saturday, April 07, 2007  
Blogger bonggamom said...

I don't even watch/read news anymore.... my husband fills me in on everything that has happened when he comes home at night and rants about what's been happening that day!

Saturday, April 07, 2007  
Blogger Forgetfulone said...

Just one... that would be nice.

Saturday, April 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that terrible that celebrities take up more news space than real news items! No wonder they are in and out of treatment facilities...

Sunday, April 08, 2007  
Blogger Liza on Maui said...

yep, that what we did - switched the TV off :)

Saturday, April 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home