101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Home Alone and The Artists Way

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Home Alone and The Artists Way

It is 9:00 pm and the house is so quiet. My daughter is fast asleep and I can hear the faint tinkle of the classical music she loves to fall asleep to. The only two sounds I hear are the music and the faint hum of my computer. We are home alone.

My husband traveled yesterday and will be gone for two weeks. In the one week run up to his trip, I was really looking forward to having two weeks on my own. Not that I planned to do anything special but just the thought of being on my own and having some space was something I was longing for. I think all marriages need some down time and for couples to be apart from time to time, to recharge the batteries and just delight in our own company. I think it’s crucial.


...I began to miss him from the day before he left. This has surprised me. A lot.


However, the funny thing is now that I have the house to myself and this much longed for time on my own – I miss him. And I began to miss him from the day before he left.

This has surprised me. A lot. I knew he would be missed, but not in the ‘I wish he were here, heart wrenching’ kind of way. I mean we have been together for fourteen years now; I should be over that stage, shouldn’t I?

I miss his smell. I miss his voice. I miss the energy of him which fills every room of our house. I miss not having him around to have idle chit chat with. I am almost at a loss with what to do with myself. I am consoling myself with the fact that it’s only been a day and a half and that my emotions will settle down by the end of the week. I guess we just haven’t been apart in so long that it’s been a bit of a shock to my system.

On a cheerier note, my copy of The Artists Way arrived through my letter box today. I was intrigued by it when I first read/heard about it through Kats Paws Blogging the Artists Way project which she had going. I was sorry I missed it but that made me even more determined to get the book and read it for myself. It was just so inspiring reading through all the participants’ blogs and see the major creativity that was going on.

The reviews of the book on Amazon were amazing, so I didn’t have any hesitation about clicking on the ‘add to basket’ button. I’ve had a quick flick through it (the first thing I do whenever I purchase a new book) and now I am going to settle down to read it properly. So far, it looks right up my street and I think I am going to enjoy the exercises very much. Another plus is the fact that she credits God with creativity and this really strikes a chord with me, because of my faith and strong belief in God. What I am hoping though is that someone will start up another Artists Way support group just like Kat did.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home