101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: In Celebration of Two Birthdays

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In Celebration of Two Birthdays

On the 25th of May, 2007 I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, Gabriella. Although she was born three weeks early she was in perfect health. The labour and birth were absolutely amazing – it took all of two hours!! She popped out at 6:18am and by 7:00 pm I was back at home. Please celebrate this Birth Day with me!!

Brand New

Brand new with tags on
Your newness leaves me breathless
My beautiful one


And happy 1st birthday to One Deep Breath. Thank you for drawing out a hidden talent I never knew I possessed – the ability to Haiku! Up until ODB I never even knew what a Haiku was, so thank you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger unedited-life said...

Congratulations for your blessing... your baby shares the same b-day of my daughter. Enjoy every moment because they grow up soooooo fast and I bet you're going to find a lot of things to laugh about just by watching your babd discover life all around you.

Have a wonderful week!!! I hope you can get some sleep in there too.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  
Blogger Regina said...

Whee! Congratulations! What a pretty name, too!
And I always enjoy your magical haikus- this one is a beautiful tribute to your daughter!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! Enjoy each new moment!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Blessings to your family as you welcome your new angel into your life. How wonderful the labor was quick. :)

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

Congratulation on this quick delivery and on a lovely haiku.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is a beautiful name. Great poem, and I am impressed that you have time to think of writing!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  
Blogger Becca said...

Many congratulations to you! Your haiku is full of joy :)

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How absolutely wonderful: the haiku and the news. Congratulations. The haiku brought a tear to my eye - remembering my baby who is now 15.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007  
Blogger Verity said...

Ohhhhhhh! A hundred and one heartfelt congratulations to you. All the best.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007  
Blogger rel said...

101,

Congratulations my friend. I'm happy all went smoothly, even if a bit early. I can't believe you were home in less than 24 hours!I do hope you're getting some needed rest, while enjoying the beautiful (all babies are...you know) Gabriella.
A far away friend
Gave life to Gabriella.
Bless mom, dad, daughter!

Thursday, June 14, 2007  
Blogger Patois42 said...

Happy birthday, Gabriella! You're so lucky to have such a creative and loving mother. What a gorgeous poem.

Friday, June 15, 2007  
Blogger Forgetfulone said...

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. I liked your haiku.

Saturday, June 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home