101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Being Free

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Being Free

Sometimes I think I take myself too seriously. No, I’ll change that to I take myself too seriously. Drop the ‘sometimes’.

I have to learn to relax a little and begin to see life as something to be enjoyed; not to be bound by timelines and deadlines and the niggling voice that keeps saying ‘what would people think?’. This enjoyment of life should flow into the way I approach my faith (way too serious and heavy, sometimes I think God just wants us to have fun with the life He has given us), my work, my plans for the future, my marriage, my homemaking, my relationships, my health. I don’t want to live by a set of rules anymore – both self imposed and rules devised by society and so-called experts.

It’s time for me to be FREE!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer S. said...

balance. that's what I think. I have too much fun sometimes :)

Thursday, April 20, 2006  
Blogger meghan said...

Oh my goodness - I HEAR ya! I read a quote somewhere about refusing to believe in a God who did not know how to dance & I often think of this when I am taking my life so seriously. Happy and silly and free is really the only way to experience the joy that is our lives... I just wish it was easier to remember that! (and live it!)

Thursday, April 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all need a little freedom in our lives and most of the time it is the freedom from ourselves and what we believe we need to, have to and want to do.

Thursday, April 20, 2006  
Blogger Jeri said...

The Artist's Way is great. I went through it twice. The first time I was too hard on myself, I took it way too serious, and it became more of a chore than a joy. The second time, it took me more than 12 weeks to get through it. I did the tasks I wanted to do when I wanted to do them and it was much more enjoyable. Don't try to do it all, or beat yourself up because you didn't. Stay free. : )

Week 4, Task #2 is another letter to younger self that you might find interesting.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy the book.

Saturday, April 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip Jeri. I think you're right. I won't push myself to finish it in 12 weeks and will take as long as is comfortable for me to complete it.

Saturday, April 22, 2006  
Blogger Cate said...

You are incredibly inspirational and I cannot wait to read your previous posts!

Monday, April 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Cate: Thank you so much for your compliment! You've really made my day

Monday, April 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home