101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: 101 in 1001 - an update

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

101 in 1001 - an update

Learn the Art of Haiku – Done!

Can this really be a Done task? Probably not but I consider it done as I posted to One Deep Breath today – meaning I am confident enough now to share my Haiku offering(s).

Learn how to download pictures from the digital camera onto my PC – Done!

Silly me! Why did I think this was so difficult?? It’s a breeze.

Save £25 a month – done and ongoing

This can never be a done task but an ongoing one. However, I class this as ‘done’ because I have set up a standing order to transfer £25 to my secret savings account on the 1st of each month.

Learn how to apply make up from a professional – Done!

Visited the Dior counter in Selfridges a couple of weeks ago and the lovely sales assistant showed me what to do – plus I got a lovely free gift as well!

Sell Old Pram – Done!

Tried to flog this item in every possible manner – bargain pages, Tesco’s notice board, by word of mouth – but with no success at all! Seems people prefer to buy spanking new prams or ‘travel systems’ as they are known these days. So I gave it away to the refugee shelter instead. And you know what? I felt better for giving it away for free.

Read 12 books a year – Work- in- progress 2 down 10 more to go

This year I have read 26a by Diana Evans and I am currently reading Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Adichie

Renew Library Membership – Done!


Amazing! I didn’t realise just how many tasks I had completed until I made this list.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Writer Bug said...

I love lists! Maybe I'll blog one today... You've inspired me with all your "dones". :)

Wednesday, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

Congrats girl!! i need to get working on my list too :)

Wednesday, August 23, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Good for you for accomplishing so many things recently. As for the three-year-old in Paris, I'm afraid I haven't a clue. It's been so long since anyone I know here had a child that young, I just don't know what to suggest. If you were on your own, I could send over a list as long as your arm, but with the cherub? Let me think about it some more and let you know if I come up with anything. There's the carousel at the Tuilerie Gardens and of course Disneyland Paris.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Paris: I know - it's challenging when one is with a toddler. Yes, we're thinking of Disneyland as well. Thanks for your help

Wednesday, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Verity said...

Well done!!

Thursday, August 24, 2006  
Blogger Sheela said...

Congratulations - You continue to inspire...

Friday, August 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home