101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: My Twins

Thursday, August 17, 2006

My Twins

I bought myself the cutest pair of shoes last Thursday (nothing like a cute new pair of shoes to cheer you up, huh ladies?). I had been eyeing them for a long while but couldn’t justify the price tag that came with them. So when I saw them on sale I leapt on them.

I tried on the left foot (like I hadn’t tried it on a million times already!) and it fit like a glove so I took it up to the sales assistant and asked for the second one. In a few minutes she brought it out. I took a look and then did a double take and before I could help myself I blurted out ‘Those shoes don’t match!’ Oh she reassures me, that’s how they are meant to be, they are called Twins. I tried them on, looked at my feet in the shop mirror and made up my mind. I took them back to the counter. ‘I’m sorry’, I said with genuine sadness as I handed them over, 'I won’t be taking these after all. It’s a look I just can’t get used to’. I couldn’t imagine myself walking around with a mismatched pair of shoes.

But for the next one week, those shoes hunted my every waking hour (I do have a bit of a shoe fetish). I just couldn’t get them off my mind. By Thursday I was back at the shop handing over the plastic! Don't you just love them?


My Twins!

4 Comments:

Blogger Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

i'll acquiesce to the overwhelming urge to be corny and say, I "LOVE" these!

what a fun and creative concept.

what brand are they? wonder if they have stockists in South Africa..

Friday, August 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The brand is CAMPER. American I think. They fit like a glove!

Friday, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Emma said...

Ooo, they are lovely. I am heading to the Camper website right now...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006  
Blogger susanlavonne said...

I DO love these! you will be the envy of simply everyone! and I WANT some too :-)

Wednesday, August 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home