101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Have a Great Day

Monday, August 28, 2006

Have a Great Day

I had to call up a couple of companies in the States today to place orders for some hard-to-get-in-the-UK stuff and it was such a pleasure. The sales people were friendly, warm and helpful. Which is more than I can say for the treatment I get at some stores over here. I cannot count the number of times I have had to walk out of a place because no one would give me the time of day. A warm smile, helpful manner and a ‘have a great day’ goes a long way. It works for me every time like magic!

(100 Words)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Verity said...

I know what you mean! It's amazing companies manage to stay in business.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006  
Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Hello, I just found your blog and I am amazed with your lists, you are inspiring me. It was great to find you!!!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006  
Blogger LondonBuki said...

I feel you.

The customer service in America is unbelievable. Each time you enter a store, someone welcomes you and tells you if you need any help, they're available and they tell you their name! In the UK, that rarely, close to NEVER, happens!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Verity: I wonder the very same thing.

@Prettylady: Thank you so much for your lovely comment and welcome to my blog.

@Londonbuki: Too true

Tuesday, August 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home