101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: And the weather today....

Saturday, September 02, 2006

And the weather today....

It never ceases to amuse me that in spite of weather warnings of heavy rains to come and gale force winds, most people still leave home without being armed with an umbrella. Why is that? Why would they rather walk around looking like a bedraggled cat with hair plastered to their heads , clothes soaked through, leather shoes squelching with every step and teeth chattering, than have a gadget on their person which opens up easily and- hey presto- remain reasonably dry? Perhaps it’s ‘uncool’ to carry a brolly, or simply burdensome. Are you one of those guilty of this?

(100 Words)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Verity said...

I do hate brollies, but I never leave the house without a hat and weatherproof coat if it's looking murky out, and will tote a brollie if I absolutely have to.

Saturday, September 02, 2006  
Blogger rel said...

I love to be prepared. I take mine if there is a 10% chance of precip.
rel

Sunday, September 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home