101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Trying Something New

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Trying Something New

My husband is a big believer in change. He often says to me to try something new – to deviate from my normal routine; take a new route to work, use a new spice. ‘It’ll stimulate your brain’ he claims. So today, instead of going to my normal supermarket, ASDA, I went to Sainsbury’s. And guess what? He is right! It excited me to be in a different environment, then I spent an extra 15 minutes trying to locate the groceries I needed because I wasn’t used to shops layout. By the time I was done, my brain WAS incredibly alert.

(100 Words)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Verity said...

Plus, Sainsbury's have a wonderful maple and pecan cereal I can't find anywhere else!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I like Sainsbury's and shop there whenever I'm in London. And your husband is right - change helps stimulate the brain. :)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Verity: Oooh, I have to try that next time I go there.

@Paris: I shall be trying something new more often now that I know it works wonders (well, close anyway) :-)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I have heard this about trying new and exotic foods...Your grocery store experience made me laugh, i could see you going up and down the aisles.

Thursday, August 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home