101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Comfort Zone

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Comfort Zone

Everything about my job represents pain at the moment. The telephone calls, emails and letters are all pain. I have little interest in or motivation for the tasks I have to perform. Sometimes admin work is so mundane and uninspiring. I want to scream ‘I am more that this!! I have far more potential!!’ Yet, I do nothing and it’s certainly not because of the money. More a comfort zone thing? Probably. I want to give up my job and focus on my small handbag business but my fear is that it may not be enough to financially sustain me.

(100 Words)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Oh I hear you...the fear of jumping, the desire to jump, the unknown whisper that sounds like a scream...let it come as a pray and an open door. Thank you for sharing this, it reminds me to trust, even when my mind doubts.

Thursday, August 31, 2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I can understand your concerns. Are you going to sell more handbags online? Maybe test the waters that way before making the big leap of faith. In the end, you'll know what to do.

Thursday, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Verity said...

I know how you feel. I'm in admin too. About a year ago, I decided to ask if I could work part time, 4 days a week. They agreed! It's not much extra time, but it's precious and I use it well because it is precious...is that something you could think about doing?

Friday, September 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work part-time too verity and still it's doesn't quite fill the need for 'freedom' for me.*sigh*

Friday, September 01, 2006  
Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

SMILE, YOU ARE SO CREATIVE AND A GREAT WRITER! I LOVE YOUR 100 WORDS PROJECT, YOU INSPIRE ME SO MUCH!

Friday, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home