101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Friday Felicitations {1}

Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday Felicitations {1}

This is my first post for Friday Felicitations and it’s not as easy as I thought it would be. Friday Felicitations urges us to


‘… to help each other throw out all that negative thinking and acknowledge those
things we have to celebrate. Friday is now the day to blog your
compliments, your accomplishments, something nice someone said to you, or maybe
even something you are striving to make better. Go ahead, announce
yourself to be happy and fortunate.’
This kind of goes against all I and many of you were taught as children. I am sure we have some memory of being admonished for boasting because praise of one’s self was given that label and we were strenuously told to desist from such behaviour. Living in England doesn’t help much either as being modest and understated seems to be the watch word. So for me this project poses a bit of a challenge albeit a liberating one. So here goes:

Feeling blessed to be alive to see yet another year. So many with whom I started 2006 out with never saw it to the end. I am indeed honoured.

Finally finding my voice through my blog and summoning up the courage to put my writing out there, however clumsy. It's been a real journey of discovery for me.

Conceiving after two long years of trying. Baby has started to move around as well which just fills me with awe and wonder every time.

My husband telling me, out of the blue, that I look sexy. I cherish that as I don’t hear it very often!!


Not a great first attempt but it'll get better.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

I think it's a GREAT first effort! Yes, much for which to be thankful, as you so beautifully expressed.

Saturday, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I think you made a great list too! Congratulations on baby.

Thursday, January 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home