101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Kissing

Friday, January 05, 2007

Kissing

My first kiss ever was an absolute disaster. It was wet, it was sloppy it was … just horrible. Could it perhaps have been down to the fact that we were both barely fourteen years old and didn’t know what the heck we were doing?

Many moons and kisses on, I have overcome the trauma of that first kiss and now kissing has become quite a pleasurable pastime. I have even heard it said that kissing is sometimes more intimate than sex and I have to say that a very big part of me agrees with this.

In the early days, my husband and I were ardent kissers. It was something we could just sit (or lie) and do for ages and we both enjoyed it immensely. My favourite sorts of kisses were the quick stolen ones just before a parent walked into the room or in the kitchen while friends who were over for dinner waited at the dinning table for their food to be served. They always reduced me to a red faced, flustered and breathless wench. These were hot passionate kisses laden with promises of other things to come.

Sadly our kisses have changed now. Marriage and Parenthood has taken its toll on the passion and our kisses are mostly mechanical, now reduced to a Goodbye Peck when we go to work and Hello Peck when we return. What used to be a passion rousing activity has now become a brief pressing together of pursed lips for a nanosecond and then it’s all over.

There are times though when a glimmer of the hot kiss reappears and it always takes me pleasantly by surprise. Hmm I think, we haven’t quite lost it yet and lose myself in the moment.

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Verity said...

Never give up on the possibility of being surprised!!

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the passionate kisses still do happen. Hopefully, when life is less hectic, those simmering times will rise back to the surface.

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Liza on Maui said...

I agree with what verity said, "never give up on the possibility of being surprised". Initiate the passionate kisses - that's a good way to start :)

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Mystic Mistress said...

Why does that happen? I wish the passionate kissing could go on forever, I hate that life gets in the way. The stolen moments are the best! I enjoyed your post, and can relate!

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Blogger daisies said...

yah for losing yourself in moments ~ we all need more of that : )

love this post ~ beautifully written ...

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Lucy said...

Your post rang true for me! We used to kiss at every red light! The idea of kissing for ages like years ago is very unappealing to me now. Let's just get down to business! haha But I do miss those red lights!

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely post! Yes, other things may take precedence over passion, but it's still lurking within, waiting to be rekindled.

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Blogger bonggamom said...

Ah yes, I remember fondly those early days when making love could take over 3 hours because of all the kissing involved. I love it when passionate kisses surface here and there, now and then, and treasure those kisses even more.

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Paul said...

I agree, kissing can express so much passion in a relationship.

Saturday, January 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing like losing yourself in an endless kiss.
Take care,
Frances

Saturday, January 06, 2007  
Blogger rel said...

101,
you must rekindle the chase..the wanton kissing will follow. Garanteed.
rel

Sunday, January 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the prompt precisely so I could revisit those days of feeling like a blushing kissing wench! Love your post!

Sunday, January 07, 2007  
Blogger JHS said...

The only thing I can add is: AMEN!! :-)

My response is posted, too.

Sunday, January 07, 2007  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Here's to those stolen moments....

Sunday, January 07, 2007  
Blogger Jerri said...

On another subject entirely, Reiman commented on my blog the other day, even strawberries lose their appeal every day.

How can it be the same with kisses? Don't understand it, but it can be true. Maybe that's why we're surprised by those occasional passionate kisses.

Great post.

Sunday, January 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely post. Kids and parenting can slow things down, but you can definitely turn the heat up with a few more kisses...

Monday, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Your Style Muse said...

To preserve passion, one must be passionate. To rekindle that flame, behave as though you are on fire! The rest really does follow!

Beautiful post - you red-faced, breathless wench!

Monday, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

I think many of us will identify with this. Not sad though. The glimmer, the fire is still there. It just needs some stoking. And - stroking.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

don't let marriage and parenthood take it's toll on kissing...

kissing is delicious...

and deserved...

enjoy!!!

Thursday, January 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home