101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: I squeeze a little tighter

Thursday, January 11, 2007

I squeeze a little tighter

On the 1st of January a friend of many years died suddenly. This poem has been inspired by her death.

I Squeeze a Little Tighter
When I hug I squeeze a little tighter
When I kiss I kiss a little longer
When I speak I speak a little softer
When I smile I smile a little warmer
When I touch I touch a little firmer

When I listen I listen with a little more interest
When I search I search for a little more understanding
When I question I question with a purpose
When I see I see with a little more clarity

When I am tempted to complain
I stop
Think of you
And I squeeze a little tighter

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

I'm sorry about your friend. The poem is a beautiful tribute.

Thursday, January 11, 2007  
Blogger daisies said...

this is a lovely and beautiful tribute to your friend and a lovely reminder to all of us ... thank you for sharing.

Thursday, January 11, 2007  
Blogger rel said...

101,
It's important to honor frienship; wit the acions yoir word outline!
You are right...We need to let them know they are important to us while ther're with us.
rel

Friday, January 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home