101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Idea

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Idea


I used to have a pretty good idea of how I wanted my life to turn out.

I wanted to be married by the age of 21, a millionaire, naturally, at the age of 25, have the most perfect kids on the planet, live by the beach somewhere in a house with hard wood floors.

I was 16 at the time and did I happen to mention a realistic sixteen year old at that?

Anyway, let’s just say, erm, life didn’t quite pan out according to plan idea.

I did get married albeit nine years later than I had anticipated. I am still waiting for the millions and the house by the beach. Still, one out of three ain’t bad… is it?

Now at almost 37, my concept of a good idea is simply being content to see the sun rise every morning.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger rel said...

101,
Ideas, the modeling clay of life.

Malliable, moldable
rel

Sunday, January 14, 2007  
Blogger bonggamom said...

Oh what a great post... this really resonates with me. Almost nothing I planned when I was in my teens has come to pass. I still have ideas about what my life will be 20 years from now but, like you, I'm ready to take all the curveballs life thows out.

Sunday, January 14, 2007  
Blogger Inconsequential said...

lol, youth's future plans :)

I too had a concept of what my future would be, including a list of things i'd NEVER do, only one thing left on that list now...

Sunday, January 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the innocence of youth, when we think everything is so easily obtainable! Yes, these days I too am thankful for small mercies and simple things - like seeing the sun rise every day!

Sunday, January 14, 2007  
Blogger Jerri said...

Content with each new day is an EXCELLENT way to live.

Sunday, January 14, 2007  
Blogger DJPare said...

But still...seeing the sun rise over the beach would be nice too!
Keep reaching for it! :)

Sunday, January 14, 2007  
Blogger Giggles said...

I had many dreams in youth; some materialized, have come and gone. In the end, finding internal bliss has been the thing I treasure most! Wonderful thought provoking post! I just have different dreams now!

Peace and giggles!

Sunday, January 14, 2007  
Blogger Lucy said...

It's great that with wisdom you enjoy what most people take for granted. Finding love at any age is better than millions, I'm sure you're grateful that you were granted that wish. :-)

Sunday, January 14, 2007  
Blogger Shannon Hopkins said...

Wise post. I think 1 out of 3 is pretty good, too.

Monday, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Contentment is always a good idea. Better and more valuable than the millions you wanted at 16.

Monday, January 15, 2007  
Blogger JHS said...

Amazing the way our outlooks change over the years, isn't it?

Monday, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Liza on Maui said...

"Now at almost 37, my concept of a good idea is simply being content to see the sun rise every morning."

That's a great idea! And thank you for your encouragement when you visited my blog today :)

Tuesday, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home