101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Friendly Conversation

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Friendly Conversation

I envy the ease with which my daughter makes friends. She strikes up conversation with young and old alike, charming them with her ready smile and warm personality. She is a real social creature- just like her dad. I am the opposite. I get weary simply at the thought of making new friends – the ice breaker conversations, the build up, the testing of the waters. I find it all so draining. And that’s why I sometimes come off as being aloof. I’m not – I am just no good at striking up conversation that’s all. I leave that to my daughter.

(100 Words)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel the same as you. being around people for too long makes me tired, the kind of tired where i cant move my legs.

Monday, September 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home