101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Hello Stranger

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hello Stranger

Our worst behaviour is often saved for the ones we claim to love. We are often rude, dismissive and verbally offensive to them. But with strangers, our words are carefully weighed, not wanting to offend, wanting them to be left with a good impression of us imprinted on their minds. But don’t our loved ones deserve the same treatment of respect, thoughtfulness, consideration, a ready smile? Sure I’m guilty of this but this is an Aha! for me. When next I open my mouth to speak I will stop, think and pretend my loved one is a stranger.

(100 Words)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger rel said...

101,
That behavior does seem universal and prevasive. Too often our emotions cloud over the golden rule.
rel

Monday, September 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home