101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: On Weight

Friday, September 15, 2006

On Weight

Where are all the fat women in the city of Paris? Hand across my heart, in the three days I have been here, I have honestly not seen one overweight woman. How do they do it? What do they eat? Do they eat? I am certainly not fat but I feel ungainly next to the French women who whizz (actually they don’t whizz, they saunter) past me on the streets. Although I read the book, French women don’t get fat, I felt that the writer came across as being a bit smug. But perhaps Mireille Guiliano was right after all.

(100 Words)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do they smoke alot too? perhaps that is the answer. do share if you uncover the answer!

Friday, September 15, 2006  
Blogger rel said...

101,
When I was in Paris at this time last year I did see 1 overweight woman; she was Eastern european however ;-) not French.
rel

Saturday, September 16, 2006  
Blogger Verity said...

Perhaps they have a different attitude to food? The rest of Europe does seem to have a more healthy attitude to food and alcohol than us Brits...

Saturday, September 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ belle: I can't say they smoke alot - I would even harzard a guess that they smoke less here than in England. I may be wrong though.

@ remiman: Today I saw two overweight women - not French :-(

@ Verity: I think you've knocked the nail on the head.

Saturday, September 16, 2006  
Blogger LondonBuki said...

I saw that book in WHSmiths... was it good?

I haven't been to Paris yet, hope to go next year.

Keep on having a FAB time!

Saturday, September 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home