101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Time Capsule Baby Box

Friday, January 19, 2007

Time Capsule Baby Box

I am excited by a new idea which is to create a Time Capsule Memory Box for my forthcoming baby. Basically it is a box which will contain items from the day and the year s/he was born. Things I am thinking of including in it are

A newspaper dated the day s/he was born
A favourite magazine of mine from the month of their birth
A CD compilation of number one hits from the year
Their hospital tag
Their first photo or set of photos of their first 365 days
A journal I would have kept throughout their first year (and beyond)
A favourite poem or piece of writing
A novel printed in the year of their birth
Perhaps a small piece of technology from the year 2007
Their favourite toy

and so on and so forth.

I think it would make a great gift for when my child grows up. I wish I had thought of this when my daughter was born.

Have any of you done something similar? What did you put inside your Time Capsule box?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Inconsequential said...

:)
We did that...it turned into quite a big box quite quickly :)
We plan on giving it to her when she has her first child, well, if she has her first child and we are still around...circumstances might dictate otherwise, but that's the plan.



btw, had a read through of your poem blog, some very poignant and personal sounding stuff, but well executed and very readable...you should write more :)

Friday, January 19, 2007  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Wish I'd thought of that when my daughter was born. Great idea!

Friday, January 19, 2007  
Blogger rel said...

101,
This sounds like a great idea. We did the baby book thingy, this is a step up.
rel

Saturday, January 20, 2007  
Blogger Miss Opeke said...

I guess I am lucky...I get to do that with my first baby. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful idea with us...Song released the day he/she will be born will be a whole lot of CD's to buy...

Monday, January 22, 2007  
Blogger Liza on Maui said...

Yes, I wanted to do that for my kids but I was too disorganized. Their babybooks aren't even complete.

It's a wonderful idea so I am g;ad you're doing it.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home