101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Three Wishes

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Three Wishes



... my three WISHES be CAREFUL what you wish for ... it just might come TRUE.........

I used to think I wanted to be wildly rich.
I wished to be wildly rich.
But then I stopped and asked myself…

Do I always want to question the authenticity of people and wonder what their real motives are behind their wanting to be friends with me?

Do I want the constant influx of requests for favours that can only be granted through the signing of a cheque here or the purchase of an item there?

Do I want the worry of wondering what will happen to my fortune when I die?

Do I want to deal with the hangers on, the sycophants, the bum kissers?

I stopped and I asked myself these questions and my answer was always NO.


I used to think I wanted to be wildly famous.
I wished to be wildly famous.
But then I stopped and asked myself…

Do I really want to be recognized wherever I go? To be pawed at and screamed at and hounded?

To have the paparazzi hiding behind every bush or dune or tree just waiting to take a picture of me as I sunbathe topless, or pick my nose or make a fashion faux pas?

Do I want flashbulbs going off in my face the minute I open my front door, or have my ‘private’ lunch interrupted by a fan who wants an autograph?

Do I want to live in fear of stalkers and kidnappers and worse?

I stopped and I asked myself these questions and my answer was always NO.


I used to think I wanted to be wildly powerful.
I wished to be wildly powerful.
But then I stopped and asked myself…

Do I really want people to tremble with fear as I walk into a room?

To be respected but not liked?

Do I want to hold a persons future in my hands knowing I can make or break with the stroke of my pen?

Do I really want to be that uneasy head that wears the crown?

I stopped and I asked myself these questions and my answer was always NO.

However, after much thought and many questions later, I realize that my wishes haven’t changed much. I still wish to be …

Rich.
But not wildly so.

Just rich in wisdom, kindness and compassion.
Rich in forgiveness, happiness and love.
Rich that I can give as I have been given.

Famous.
But not wildly so.

Just famous for my loyalty and honesty and warmth.
Famous for my big heart and open home and laugh.
Famous for giving as I have been given to.

Powerful.
But not wildly so.

Just powerful enough to effect positive change.
Powerful in character, integrity and foresight.
Powerful enough to give as I am being given to.


So my three wishes are to be…

Rich. Famous. Powerful.



15 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

This is inspired! Love the changing definitions of rich, famous and powerful. Great post!

Sunday, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Brad said...

I like the systematic logic of the supposition- "be carefull."

Thanks for your Wisdom

Sunday, May 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this so much - this post contains so much wisdom. It would make a wonderful, inspirational poster for teens - well, for anyone, really! Thank you~

Sunday, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Jennifer S. said...

Oh, I LOVE this!

Sunday, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

it shouldn't be long before you are famous for your wisdom at least

Sunday, May 21, 2006  
Blogger meghan said...

wow. I loved this! there was so much truth and feeling. Sigh. loved it!!

Sunday, May 21, 2006  
Blogger susanlavonne said...

you shall be...
FAMOUS with me (at least for today)
for enRICHing my life (each time that i recall this)
with such POWERful thoughts and words (for[ever] as long as they are shared and remembered)

thank you.

Sunday, May 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to publish this!

Sunday, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful, eloquent and wise

Monday, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Kristine said...

I love this!

Monday, May 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing post!! Loved how you expressed your wishes! I have a feeling all your wishes will come true!

Monday, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Jeri said...

Hi Pilgrim. (Can I call you Pilgrim?) I think you have the wrong idea about me. I just started blogging in Jan 06, so I don't know much about html or blogger templates, but I'm getting pretty good at finding people who do. : )

The following site:

http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com/2005/07/previous-post-link.html

will give you the code you're looking for.

A couple of things: 1) this won't show up when you are looking at your home page. It only shows up when you click on one of you previous post links in your sidebar. 2) It doesn't link you to the "next" post, only "Home" or "Previous". (But the navigation you linked me to is the same way.) I couldn't find one that had {{Previous Home Next}} so I hope this is what you were looking for.

Thanks for putting the bug in my ear. This is pretty cool. I think I'll add it to my blog also. : )

Let me know how it works for you.
Jeri

Monday, May 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Everyone: Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I was pleasantly overwhelmed by them ...Me Wise? Nice thought :-)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Jeri said...

Hi. Your links don't/won't show up on the home page, (If you go back to Life's Snapshots Home page, it doesn't show up there either. I'm not sure why.)but when I click on one of your Previous Posts links I can see it on the bottom of the page. However, only the "Home" link shows up. You might try it again. Your code may be missing something at the end.

I'm not sure why it's at the bottom of your page. You may have placed it just before the {/blogger} tag (the backslash makes it a closing tag)instead of the {blogger} tag (the starting tag). Note: Those should be arrows around the tags.

I would try it again and put it just before {blogger}, but if it still doesn't work here's a site with a couple of other choices. The first one is the one I gave you. I haven't tried the other two so I don't know if they work any better.

http://www.bloggerforum.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=thread&topic_id=10517&forum=7&post_id=50361

Let me know if this helps.
Jeri

Tuesday, May 23, 2006  
Blogger papyrus said...

This was beautifully expressed. Thanks.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home