101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: A Day in My Life

Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Day in My Life


You know how you have those (rare) days when everything just slots into place and you are just so happy about the day and about being alive? Well, I had one of those days yesterday.

It was packed with activity and I actually got to do things for me… which doesn’t happen so often. I was woken up as usual by my daughter at 6:15 am, but this time instead of lounging in bed until a less ungodly hour, I decided to jump out of it and start my day.

By nine o’clock, I had done some ironing, cleared out my husbands home office under the stairs to make room for my sewing machine and other sewing odds and ends (what a shock he’s going to get when he returns to see that I have taken over), contacted an overseas supplier plus made a full English breakfast which my daughter and I were now settling down to consume. With great gusto, I might add.

Two hours, and lots of little tasks, later, I bundled us off to our local swimming pool for a morning swim. The sheer excitement on my daughter face and screams of delight as I lifted her down into the water was enough for me to decide that this is going to be an activity I will be doing with her more often. Note to self: I must invest in a new swimsuit!

Got back home, she went straight to bed for her afternoon nap and I had the next two hours to myself. I washed and styled my hair (sounds so professional but it was nothing more than a quick blow dry and passing my straighteners through), gave myself a pedicure and manicure, caught up on reading some of my favourite blogs and generally chilled out.

Then it was off to the park with the two of us for a few hours of bicycle riding, ice cream eating and duck feeding.

By 9 p.m I was pooped. But a very happy pooped.

My Power thought cards also arrived through my letter box yesterday. They are lovely and so beautifully illustrated. And today I have up on my fridge the card that reads 'I am in the process of Positive change'. How apt!

3 Comments:

Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

Sounds like you are having a great time! :)

I started up with my list. hope to get it updated by the weekend. do you mind if u put a link to your 101 things on my blog?

Here's my link. tell me what you think!
http://onada02.blogspot.com/

Monday, May 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem. I'll link you. The list takes longer than one thinks, doesn't it?

Tuesday, May 02, 2006  
Blogger Jeri said...

Don't you just love the good days?

Thursday, May 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home