101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Noticing Me

Monday, May 08, 2006

Noticing Me


Normally, the mirrors in my home are objects which require far too many hours of cleaning, objects in which I give myself a quick once over just to make sure I don’t have any VPL on display before I dash out the door on my way to work or simply objects which make a small room appear a lot bigger than it actually is.

But today, my bathroom mirror became something else for me. Today it was an object in which I … noticed me. And it took me by surprise.

I marvelled at how lovely, thick and shiny my hair is, I was awestruck at the incredible length of my eyelashes, I admired the fullness of my lips, the way my eyes are shaped like perfect almonds, the perfect arch of my brows, and the sexy curve of my neck. I delighted at the creamy, honey hue of my skin and smiled at the hundreds of little freckles that danced across the bridge of my nose and came to rest on my cheeks.

Yes, today I noticed me. I didn’t see the extra layer of fat on my belly that I have tried (not so) hard to get rid of since childbirth three years ago, I overlooked the cellulite that has taken up residence on my thighs and I bluntly ignored the slight crookedness of my two front teeth.

Today I noticed me – the beautiful me. The woman I don’t look for very often these days, the woman I tend to almost unconsciously neglect as I rush through life being a wife, a mother, a homemaker.

So even if I never hear these words from the people around me, I will hear them from myself – ‘Girl, I noticed you and you’re Beautiful’.


4 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

Good for you. Just love the skin your in. : )

Monday, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Jennifer S. said...

I'm in awe of your confidence... Wish I had more of that!

Monday, May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Jeri: I couldn't agree more.

@ Jennifer: my self-confidence is something i am beginning to build up one day at a time.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Cate said...

This is just beautiful. To me such a huge part of feeling confident involves attention and choice! I'm so impressed with you--you're amazing!

Thursday, May 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home