101 things IN
days
1001

and other things thrown in between


101 Things in 1001 Days: Change

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Change


Be the change you want to see in the world – Mahatma Ghandi

How I love this word. Just letting it roll off my tongue creates a rolling excitement within me.

It’s a word that suggests adventure, discovery, the promise of something new, momentum. But in order to jump start change you have to take that first step, decision, to do something different that would bring about a - your - desired end. And it’s taking that first step that sometimes proves to be so difficult challenging.

I should know because I’ve been at that point so many times. I bitch and whinge and moan about how mundane and boring my life is. I cannot recall how many times I have observed out loud that I seem to walking on a spot and not going anywhere. EVERYONE ELSE seems to be living the life I want to live or doing that one thing that I would love to be doing. And yet, if I have not made that change – either in a daily habit or in my thought processes or simply by getting off my butt and just doing it – how can I expect to live the life I dream of?

A different life waits
If only I make the change
It is that simple

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger qualcosa di bello said...

for me, i would venture to say that your haiku is the perfect life philosophy!

Thursday, November 01, 2007  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

How true! Great haiku!

Saturday, November 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home